Orange and Fennel Salad
- 2 oranges, peeled, thinly sliced and seeded
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 small bulbs of fennel, cores removed and thinly sliced.
The salad dressing:
- ? cup fresh mint leaves, minced
- 2-3 tablespoons of the fennel leaves, minced
- ? cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons rice wine or white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- (Sometimes I add a tablespoon of capers to the dressing.)
Mix together in a small jar and shake well. Line plates with Bibb lettuce leaves or arugula leaves. Top with the fennel and orange mix and pour dressing over the salad. Garnish with additional mint leaves.
Article Type: Tip