- 1 large head of cauliflower, washed and leaves trimmed
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Herbs de Provence or other spice blend
Place the whole cauliflower in a steamer basket and steam over hot water for about 12 to 15 minutes. It will still be fairly firm. Carefully move the cauliflower to a baking dish that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
Mix the remaining ingredients together. Top the cauliflower with the bread crumb mixture, pressing it firmly into the top. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in a 350? oven until it is tender and lightly browned. Cover loosely with foil if it begins to brown too much.