- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 cups eggplant, peeled and cubed (3 small)
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted almonds
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 12 corn or whole wheat tortillas
Sauté onions in oil until tender, add garlic and peppers and cook for a few minutes. Add mushrooms, Worcestershire and eggplant and cook until eggplant is soft, about ten to twelve minutes. Cover during part of the cooking time and stir often.
Add remaining ingredients and cup of the cheese. Warm the tortillas and roll up a portion of the eggplant mix in each tortilla and place in a glass pan sprayed with nonstick spray. Top with remaining cheese and bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
Makes 12 servings.
Make an extra pan and freeze after cooking for 15 minutes. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and cook for 20 minutes before serving.
Article Type: Tip