Mint Nut Bread
- 2 ? cups unbleached flour
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 ? teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup milk
- ? cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1 egg ? cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint (or ? cup dried)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in a large mixing bowl. In a smaller bowl, blend together the egg, oil, milk and apple juice concentrate. Make a well in the dry ingredients and gently stir the wet ingredients. Stir in the nuts and mint.
Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Cover with foil to prevent excessive browning midway through cooking time. Cool and slice. Serve with herbed honey butter if desired. This bread freezes well.